Friday 25 April 2008

Evaluation of Literacy task – The use of blogging for reflective journals

I had never used a blog before I began my Reflective Journal (www.bloggingblogict.blogspot.com). I enjoyed customising my own blog, as is allowed on the site. It was also useful to be able to see other blogs and have comments made on the posts, which you can click on to see.

Blogging is now something I would be confident to introduce in a class, and allow children to develop independently at school. It would be interesting to introduce a class task of developing a class blog to see how the children developed this and what they wrote. Blogs could be used to write about the class topic, and would allow children to practice many ICT skills – typing, hyperlinking, uploading files, adding pictures and researching which are all so useful and important.

1 comment:

The Python said...

Useful ideas.

Thank you.